Summative assessment 2
You must provide evidence that you have, in actual or simulated workplace, and on a least one occasion, made meeting arrangement, prepared and distrubuted docomentation for a meeting, recorded and despatched minutes from a meeting. Your assessor must ensure that you have acess to office equiment and resources.
Complete all the following activities:
1. Nominate a meeting topic and describe how the meeting will be held; venue, type of meeting, degree of formally etc
2. Explain the purpose of meeting , for example health and safety committee meetings to discuss an incident that has occurred, weekly management meetings to share information about the various departments in the organisation, strategic planning meetins etc.
3. Are there any legal or ethical issues that need to be considered? List them and explain why they are important.
4. What are the meeting requirements: venue, times, number of attendees, refreshments, other support requirement? List the requirements and expain why they are necessary. Explain the arrangement you would make, giving reasons for your actions.
5. What timing issues need to be considered?
6. Identify and list any special requirement that need to be accomodated.
7. Advise the participants of the meeting – you might use telephone, email, an electronic noticeboard etc. (submit a copy of the written notifications to your asessor)
8. Collect and collate acknowledgments. Submist copies with your portfolio for the assessor.
9. Prepare any documentation that is required for the meeting. This can include handouts, fact sheets, spreedsheets, agendas, etc. submit copies of all documentation plus the completed agendas to your assessors. Make sure the documentation is accurate.
10. Distribute documentation that must be read prior to the meetings to participants within designated timelies. Alternately, you might print and prepare the ducumentations for handling out at the meetings. Make sures you prepare spare sets of ducuments.
11. At the meeting:
n Provide minutes from the previous meeting (submit copies to your assessor)
n Take accurate notes and produce a set of meeting minutes that refelct a true and accurate account of the meeting (submit copies to your assessor)
12. check the minutes for accuracy, proofread them or have someone else proofread them.
13. submit them for approval by the nominated person, then despatch copies of minutes in a timely manner. Ensure that copies are sent to all of the relevant stakeholders
14. explain how you will ensure that documentation and consultation processes are culturally appropriate.
15.prepare and present an oral report with a number of defined sections, in order to provide information to someone who was unable to attend. Clarify the points made in the meetings.
You will need to provide documented evidence that you have donce these things. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills and answer a range of verbal questions put to you by your assessor. Your assessor will explain the minimum acceptable responses required.
No related question exists