- You have been asked by the owner of a pre-owned car dealership to set up a way to track the cars in his inventory. He often needs to search his records for specific makes and models or cars made in certain years. He also wants to be able to generate reports based on his sales and reports on which sales representatives are doing the most business.
- Create a new Access database and set up a table named Sales Rep. Be sure to create attributes, set a primary key, select data types, and add descriptions as necessary. Use the following information:
Rep NumberLast NameFirst NameAddressCityStateZIPPhone
1PerryJim3453 E. StateJacksonvilleFL32231904-555-4353
2BauerEvan5347 W. GrandJacksonvilleFL32232904-555-3423
3DickensBilly2351 S. FergusonJacksonvilleFL32232904-555-5632
- Create a table named Inventory using the instructions above. Use the data shown below, with the following guidelines:
- Set up an auto number to use for a primary key.
- Use a drop-down list to enter the condition. Possible conditions are Excellent, Good, Fair, and Poor.
MakeModelYrDescriptionConditionCostSelling PriceDate ArrivedDate SoldSales Rep
PontiacGrand Am20054-Door, RedExcellent$8,000$9,9905/5/086/1/08Perry
LincolnTown Car20012-Door, WhiteGood$5,500$5,9954/15/084/20/08Dickens
FordFocus20035 Speed, BlackGood$6,500$7,0004/20/084/30/08Perry
- Create a one-to-many relationship between SALES_REP and INVENTORY.
- Create a form to enter and edit inventory information. You decide on the design of the form.
- Enter the following record into the Inventory table using the new form:
MakeModelYearDescriptionConditionCostSelling PriceDate ArrivedDate SoldSales Rep
FordTaurus LX2003Wagon, GrayExcellent$8,2005/20/07
- The Chevrolet Lumina was sold on 5/20/08 by Bauer for $9,300. Update the record using the form.
- Create the following reports using whatever method you prefer. Format the reports so that information is easy to find, give each report an applicable title, and include the date and your name on the report. Hint: You need to create a query to obtain the desired information, and then base the report on the query.
- All vehicles available for sale with a selling price less than $6,000, sorted by cost in descending order.
- All vehicles sold, grouped by Sales Rep.
- All vehicles made by Ford and Toyota.
Submit your Access database file (.accdb) following the instructions below.
Select the Submit Assignment button to the right. Click Choose File, located in the File Upload box. Navigate to your file location. Once the file is located, select it and then select the Open button. Click Submit Assignment to complete the upload process.