Unit 3 Business Application Assignment: Marketing Strategy
In this Application Assignment, we will continue to build upon our business research. It is best to use the same business or company that you used in that first two application assignments. But, if your instructor approves, you can select a different company if you like.
Again, do some research on this business and prepare a 1-2 page report. Your report should cover the following points. Use your research to develop your own opinions, interpretations and conclusions about this business. Remember: You must provide a citation for any information you get from your research, but you do not need to cite your own opinions, interpretations and conclusions.
- Identify the business.
- Describe the products (goods and services offered) this business offers.
- Identify the target market.
- Briefly describe their pricing strategies.
- Explain how this business distributes its products.
- What brand or brands does this business have?
- Briefly describe how this business advertises.
- What do you think of their marketing plan?
- In your opinion, is this marketing plan working for this business?
- Do you see any areas where changes should be made?
Insert a cover page that includes the title of your report, your name, the course, and the date.
Write your report in essay format. This means you must write in complete sentences and paragraphs instead of just inserting phrases under the points.
Your report should be 1-2 pages long, not including the cover page.
Double space your lines of text.
Your report should have an introduction as stated. After the introduction, it helps to use headings. Headings make it easier to write and to read your report. You can use the points to create your headings.
You must use at least one resource (preferably two) for this report.
- WIKIs, such as Wikipedia, are not allowed. They are not credible resources. For example, I could put information on Wikipedia about how to perform heart transplant surgery, but I am not a heart surgeon. Would you want to use my information?
- You should not just copy/paste your report from website on the internet.
- If you work for the company, you cannot help but give your own personal information. However, this type of information must be supported by a source - employee pamphlets, website, handbook, interview, etc.
- Incorporate your own summaries, interpretations, ideas, opinions into the company data and information you cite. Researching information and then interpreting this information is the primary purpose of any research project. We want to see evidence of research, but we want to see your own ideas and opinions and conclusions in this project as well.
Provide a References section at the end of your report for the sources you used.
Use APA Citation
- Remember to provide an in-text, parenthetical citation for any information that is not your own. For example, if you tell how many employees a company has, then you should insert a citation for this data that tells where you got this information. It is not your own!
- There are tutorials in Canvas that show you how to use APA citation. You can also get help in the Writing Assistance Center (WAC) with citation.
- Again, you should cite any information that is not your own. You do not cite your own opinions, interpretations and conclusions.
- APA citation can be hard to master. By the end of this course, we want you to have a good understanding of what to cite and how.
Be careful not to plagiarize by copying and pasting information from the internet or any other resource. Give credit to the source of your information with a citation.
Select the Submit Assignment button to the right. Click Choose File, located in the File Upload box. Navigate to your file location. Once the file is located, select it and then select the Open button. Click Submit Assignment to complete the upload process.