CIS 321 Unit 1 Discussion 2
Unit 1 Discussion 2: Choosing the Appropriate Tool for an Administrative Task
Read the list of common administrative tasks and then answer the discussion prompts below.
- Resetting a user's password
- Creating and provisioning a user account with the following information: EmployeeID, Group membership, and home folder location
- Installing a printer on multiple machines in a domain
- Installing a printer on multiple machines in a workgroup
- Installing a printer on a single machine
- Resetting the password for multiple users
- Installing software on multiple computers in a workgroup
- Installing software on multiple computers in a domain
- Analyzing the logs on a single computer
- Analyzing the logs on multiple computers
- Identify whether a command, command pipeline, script, or the GUI is the most appropriate tool for each of the administrative tasks above.
- For each task, justify why you feel the tool is the most appropriate choice.
- List two other tasks not listed above that should be scripted.
- Remember to provide proper APA citation for any resources you use and make sure to include the source links.