We can see the Big Five personality traits in our everyday lives, and they manifest themselves in the behaviors and decisions of the people we encounter. Your personality traits can even influence the type of music you like or your taste in clothing.
Part 1: Choose two movie or television characters and include the following information about each in your post:
Identify which side of the spectrum they fall in each of the Big Five traits.
Give examples of their actions, habits, and tastes that are examples of these traits.
Be sure to clearly identify the characters and the movie or show in which they appear.
If the characters' traits are influenced by their culture or environment, note that as well.
Part 2: Complete one of the personality assessments found here:
What are the big five dimensions of personality: Personality researchers have proposed that there are five basic dimensions of personality.
Today, many contemporary personality psychologists believe that there are five basic dimensions of personality, often referred to as the "Big 5" personality traits. Previous trait theorist had suggested a various number of possible traits, including Gordon Allport's list of 4,000 personality traits, Raymond Cattell's 16 personality factors and Hans Eysenck's three-factor theory.
However, many researchers felt that Cattell's theory was too complex and Eysenck's was too limited in scope. As a result, the five-factor theory emerged to describe the basic traits that serve as the building blocks of personality.
What Are the Big Five Dimensions of Personality?
Today, many researchers believe that they are five core personality traits. Evidence of this theory has been growing over the past 50 years, beginning with the research of D. W. Fiske (1949) and later expanded upon by other researchers including Norman (1967), Smith (1967), Goldberg (1981), and McCrae & Costa (1987). The "big five" are broad categories of personality traits. While there is a significant body of literature supporting this five-factor model of personality, researchers don't always agree on the exact labels for each dimension. However, these five categories are usually described as follows:
1. Extraversion: This trait includes characteristics such as excitability, sociability, talkativeness, assertiveness and high amounts of emotional expressiveness.
2. Agreeableness: This personality dimension includes attributes such as trust, altruism, kindness, affection, and other pro-social behaviors.
3. Conscientiousness: Common features of this dimension include high levels of thoughtfulness, with good impulse control and goal-directed behaviors. Those high in conscientiousness tend to be organized and mindful of details.
4. Neuroticism: Individuals high in this trait tend to experience emotional instability, anxiety, moodiness, irritability, and sadness.
5. Openness: This trait features characteristics such as imagination and insight, and those high in this trait also tend to have a broad range of interests. It is important to note that each of the five personality factors represents a range between two extremes. For example, extraversion represents a continuum between extreme extraversion and extreme introversion. In the real world, most people lie somewhere in between the two polar ends of each dimension
Big 5 Personality Research
McCrae and his colleagues have also found that...
I have decided to choose characters from How to get away with murder show that airs on ABC. I would like to write about Annalise Keating played by Viola Davis and Frank Delfino played by Charlie Weber. Annalise Keating is a successful law professor and criminal lawyer. First trait of Extroversion, Annalise is always social as she is lawyer she is always meeting people whether for cases or students. She is emotionally stable in front of her students and coworkers but she is mess in reality. It was shown how her husband was murdered by one of her students and she didn’t not show how she really felt in front of anyone. But once it was shown that everyone leaves she was completely broken. In case of agreeableness, Annalise is not a friendly person! She is a complete opposite of agreeableness. She is v...