EET250 Unit 2 Review Assignment
1. The DIMM is capable of delivering ____________________ bits at a time.
2. Windows XP needs ___________ MB of RAM as a reasonable minimum.
3. The 8086 uses a ___________________-bit frontside bus.
4. RAM with a DDR2 PC speed rating of PC2-3200 has a core RAM clock speed of
A. 100 MHz
C. 400 MHz
B. 200 MHz
D. 800 MHz
5. SDRAM comes on a stick known as a ____ on most modern PCs.
6. What do most laptops use instead of a DIMM?
7. What kind of RAM did RAMBUS, Inc develop?
8. Most 8088 machine language commands need ____ byte(s).
9. Within Windows XP, you access the Device Manager by right-clicking _____________ and selecting ____________. (See page 128)
10. A collection of small programs designed to communicate with the basic parts of a computer is also known as ____________________.
11. What does a computer use to permanently store programs and data when it is turned off?
A. hard drive
12. What is used to change or remove device drivers in Windows?
A. Control Panel
C. Device Manager
13. Which chip acts as a clock to keep the current date and the time?
14. How many MB of programs do system ROM chips store?
D. 65, 536
15. Where do modern PCs store CMOS settings?
B. Flash ROM
16. If Windows recognizes a device , where will it appear? __________.
A. Device Manager
D. Safely remove hardware applet
17. An extension of the address bus and data bus to the expansion slots and cards is provided by the ____________________.
18. What is the term for the delay in the RAM's response to a request from the MCC? __________.
B. MCC gap
D. Fetch Interval
19. Which of the following ______ control panel applets will display the amount of RAM in your PC?.
C. Device Manager
B. Devices and printers
D. Action Center
20. Which variation of the PCI bus was especially designed for laptops? __________
21. Where does Windows store device drivers?__________
D. Drivers and Settings
22. The MAC address is a binary number, containing the patterns of ones and zeroes, is written using the ____ numbering system. (See Ch-5 page 163)
23. Devices that use the ____ bus are self-configuring.
24. Modern processors include the function of the Northbridge directly on the________.
25. What is CNR?
26. Most FlexATX motherboards have maximum dimensions of just ____________________ inches.
27. The first Slimline form factor LPX was replaced by the ____________________ form factor.
28. The ____________________ acts as the primary bridge between the CPU and the rest of computer.
29. The _________ determines the type of the processor the motherboard accepts and the type and RAM capacity.
30. ATX overtook ______to become the most common form factor, a distinction it holds today.